Business Development Manager (Private Wealth & Sport) – Leading Law Firm
This leading legal firm has an exciting requirement for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to provide senior level support for the Private Wealth sector group as well as the firm's Sport sector group. This Private Wealth element of the role extends beyond simply supporting the Private Client & Family department and includes supporting initiatives aimed at servicing the legal needs of individuals, families, business owners, trustees and family offices. The Sports group seeks to engage with individual sports people, agents, clubs and sports businesses. There is of course considerable cross-over in both audiences, and the estimated split of the role is 75% private wealth and 25% sport sector. The role will involve building close working relationships, particularly with partners, to develop and implement the groups' BD strategies and objectives. In addition to leading on the BD activities of these groups, the role will also provide support and be required to lead on agreed firmwide BD projects, such as managing key intermediary relationships, improving pitch and tender processes, and cross-firm targeting initiatives. You will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic and advisory support to develop robust annual BD plans (objectives, tactics and budgets) for both groups.
- Identifying opportunities for profitable growth via cross-selling and new business initiatives.
- Focusing on building the firm’s profile and brand in key markets in the development of targeted and well executed thought leadership ideas, campaigns, PR, award/directory submissions and events, measuring ROI.
- Providing support for responses to tender, ad-hoc pitching and provision of high-quality credentials, presentations and promotional collateral as part of the sales process.
- Development of strong effective credible relationships with Partners and practice/sector group based on knowledge of the Firm, the wider practices/sectors and markets.
- Strengthening the business development and marketing capabilities by providing a coaching resource to Partners to help them focus on the right opportunities, develop their marketing and selling skills in order develop their creativity and facilitate their strategy to the implementation phase.
- Attending industry events, conferences, and networking functions to establish the firm's presence and promote the brands visibility and opportunities.